Mexican and Italian sensibilities collide in this mouth-watering cuisine clash.
The ingredient of Chilli con carne lasagne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 650g lean beef mince
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- 375g packet fresh lasagne sheets
- 150g cheddar, grated
- 200g sour cream
The instruction how to make Chilli con carne lasagne
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery, onion, carrot and garlic, then cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until softened and lightly golden. Add mince and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 5-6 minutes until browned. Add spices and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add tomatoes, beans and 1/2 cup (125ml) water and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coriander and season.
- Lay one-third of the lasagne sheets in a single layer over the base of a deep 20cm x 30cm baking dish, trimming to fit, then spoon over half the chilli. Repeat the layers, then finish with a layer of lasagne sheets. Combine the cheese and sour cream in a bowl and season, then spoon evenly over the top.
- Bake the lasagne for 20-25 minutes until golden and bubbling. Scatter with extra coriander leaves and serve.
Nutritions of Chilli con carne lasagnecalories: