Perfect for any time of year, this vegetarian baked cannelloni recipe is filling and nutritious. Plus, its healthy and kid-friendly!
The ingredient of Pumpkin, spinach & ricotta cannelloni
- 1kg Jarrahdale pumpkin, deseeded, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g Val Verde diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 250g frozen chopped leaf spinach, thawed
- 350g fresh ricotta
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 San Remo fresh lasagna sheets, halved crossways
- 1/3 cup (35g) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Pumpkin, spinach & ricotta cannelloni
- Cut the pumpkin into 3cm chunks, then steam or microwave. Drain and mash.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add the tomatoes, oregano and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce to a medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze handfuls of the spinach over a bowl to remove the excess liquid. Combine the pumpkin, spinach, ricotta and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into 8 portions.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Spread 1 cup (250ml) of the tomato sauce over the base of a 2 litre rectangular ovenproof dish. Place a portion of the mixture in the middle of each lasagna piece. Roll up to enclose. Place seam side down in the dish. Pour over remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle with the parmesan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
Nutritions of Pumpkin, spinach & ricotta cannellonicalories: 451.471 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 50 grams carbohydrates
calories: 26 grams sugar
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 524.69 milligrams sodium