Think outside the box for a fun twist on the usual vegie lasagne- this delicious Italian dish is easy to make with everyday pantry favourites.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and mushroom rotolo
- 20g butter
- 200g sliced mushrooms
- 1kg peeled seeded chopped butternut pumpkin, steamed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon MasterFoodsu00ae Italian Herbs
- 500g ricotta
- 1/4 cup shredded basil
- 375g pkt San Remo Large Instant Lasagna
- 505g jar Dolmiou00ae Lasagne Thick Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable stock
- 490g jar Dolmiou00ae Lasagne Bechamel
- 1 cup (100g) shredded mozzarella
- Basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and mushroom rotolo
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until tender.
- Mash the pumpkin in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the mushroom, garlic and dried herbs. Combine the ricotta and shredded basil in another bowl. Season.
- Cook the pasta, in batches, in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 mins or until pliable. Use tongs to transfer to a plate. Cool slightly. Place pasta on a clean work surface. Spread evenly with pumpkin mixture. Top with the ricotta mixture. Starting from 1 short end, roll up to enclose filling. Cut each roll in half.
- Grease a 30cm (top measurement) 6-cup (1.5L) ovenproof dish. Combine the tomato sauce and stock in a jug. Pour into prepared dish. Arrange the rolls, cut-side up, over the stock mixture in the dish. Spoon over the bechamel. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Cover with baking paper and foil. Bake for 20 mins. Uncover and bake for a further 30 mins or until pasta is crisp and mozzarella melts. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and mushroom rotolocalories: