Low-fat and delicious, this rich and creamy cannelloni recipe is sure to become a family favourite.
The ingredient of Spinach and eggplant cannelloni
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 2 leeks, trimmed, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g baby spinach, trimmed
- 200g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 700g bottle (2 3/4 cups) tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- 375g fresh lasagna pasta sheets
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, or vegetarian hard cheese
The instruction how to make Spinach and eggplant cannelloni
- Preheat grill on high heat. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Lightly spray both sides of eggplant with oil. Arrange in a single layer on tray. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside to cool. Cut eggplant slices in half.
- Place leek, garlic and 2 tablespoons water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until leek is soft. Stir in spinach. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until just wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Whisk ricotta and milk in a large bowl until well combined.
- Spoon half the pasta sauce into a 6cm deep, 23cm x 28cm (base) ovenproof baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil. Place 1 pasta sheet on a flat work surface, with short end facing you. Place 2 pieces eggplant along short end of pasta sheet. Spread a spoonful of leek mixture over eggplant. Roll up pasta sheet. Place on top of sauce in baking dish. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets, eggplant and leek mixture.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over cannelloni. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon ricotta mixture over cannelloni to completely cover. Sprinkle with parmesan. Season with pepper. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is golden and pasta is tender. Serve.
Nutritions of Spinach and eggplant cannellonicalories: 429.483 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 2.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 61.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams protein
calories: 8 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 745 milligrams sodium