An American Thanksgiving favourite, try this sausage and cornbread stuffing with your roast turkey this Christmas!
The ingredient of Curtis Stones sausage and cornbread stuffing recipe
- 3 cups (500g) coarse polenta
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 1/4 cups (560ml) buttermilk
- 3 extra-large Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 500g Coles Finest Italian Style Pork Sausages, casings removed
- 120g unsalted butter, extra
- 1 brown onion, cut into small cubes
- 4 celery sticks, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbs chopped thyme
- 2 cups (500ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 4 extra-large Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, extra
The instruction how to make Curtis Stones sausage and cornbread stuffing recipe
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C (200u00b0C fan-forced). Grease a 23cm x 33cm baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir polenta, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and 3/4 tsp salt. In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk and eggs. Make a well in centre of polenta mixture and stir in buttermilk mixture. Stir in melted butter.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and bake for 20 mins or until cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean. Let cool for 10 mins. Remove cornbread from dish and cool completely on a wire rack. Break cornbread into 4cm pieces and divide among 2 baking trays.
- Preheat oven to 120u00b0C (100u00b0C fan-forced). Bake cornbread pieces, stirring often, for 30 mins or until dry but not brown. Cool. Position a rack in centre of oven and increase temperature to 180u00b0C (160u00b0C fan-forced).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook, breaking sausages apart with a wooden spoon, for 10 mins or until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a very large bowl.
- Add extra butter to the frying pan and stir until melted. Add onion and celery. Cook, stirring often, for 10 mins or until vegetables soften slightly. Stir in parsley and thyme. Add to sausage in bowl. Add cornbread pieces. Gently toss.
- In a medium bowl, whisk stock, extra eggs, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Gently fold into cornbread mixture, taking care not to mash cornbread.
- 8. Grease a clean 23cm x 33cm baking dish. Transfer stuffing to greased dish. Cover with foil and bake for 50 mins or until edges are golden. Increase oven temperature to 190u00b0C (170u00b0C fan-forced). Uncover and bake for a further 15 mins or until top is brown and crisp. Set aside for 10 mins before serving.
Nutritions of Curtis Stones sausage and cornbread stuffing recipecalories: