Whether youre celebrating Thanksgiving or just looking to expand your baking repertoire, this classic American dessert is a real winner
The ingredient of Sweet pumpkin pie
- Melted butter or margarine, for greasing
- lkg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded chopped (to make 600g
- 300mls thin cream
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- 50g dark chocolate, grated, to serve
- Thick cream, to serve
- Pecan nuts, chopped, to serve
The instruction how to make Sweet pumpkin pie
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a 24cm fluted ceramic flan dish with the melted butter or margarine to lightly grease.
- Place the pumpkin in a steamer and cook over simmering water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain the pumpkin well. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and mash until smooth. Cool.
- Gradually stir the cream into the mashed pumpkin and mix well. Add the brown sugar, whisked eggs, golden syrup, ginger and cinnamon and mix until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared flan dish. Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Place in your fridge for 2-3 hours to chill before serving. Sprinkle evenly with the grated chocolate and serve with thick cream sprinkled with chopped pecan nuts.
Nutritions of Sweet pumpkin piecalories: 354.437 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 40 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 147 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 71.91 milligrams sodium