Pumpkin pie is a popular American dessert traditionally served for Thanksgiving celebrations.
The ingredient of Pumpkin pie
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 cups cold mashed Kent pumpkin (see note)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Whipped cream, to serve
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon iced water
The instruction how to make Pumpkin pie
- Make Pastry: Place flour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and iced water. Process until dough just comes together. Turn pastry out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Place an oven tray in oven. Grease a 4cm-deep, 20cm (base) round pie dish. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until large enough to line base and side of prepared dish (about 30cm). Line dish with pastry. Trim edge. Pinch edge to make a decorative pattern. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake a further 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is golden. Cool.
- Reduce oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Combine brown sugar and cornflour in a medium bowl. Whisk in eggs, evaporated milk, pumpkin, maple syrup and mixed spice until combined. Pour into pastry case. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until filling has just set. Cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Dust pie with icing sugar. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutritions of Pumpkin piecalories: 344.16 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 41 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 114 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 142.38 milligrams sodium