Turn leftover turkey into this fast pasta dish for a fuss-free weeknight meal.
The ingredient of Turkey carbonara
- 30g unsalted butter
- 4 bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 300ml thickened cream
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 500g spaghetti
- 2 cups (320g) shredded cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
The instruction how to make Turkey carbonara
- Melt the butter in a deep frypan over medium-low heat. Add the bacon and cook until just starting to crisp. Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring, for a further minute or until they start to brown.
- In a bowl big enough to hold the cooked pasta, whisk together the eggs, cream, garlic and parmesan. Add bacon and pine nuts, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, then drain well. Immediately add the hot pasta to the egg mixture and toss for 1 minute, allowing the heat from the pasta to cook the sauce. Stir through the turkey and parsley, and serve topped with extra parmesan and parsley.
Nutritions of Turkey carbonaracalories: 1216.271 calories
calories: 68 grams fat
calories: 33 grams saturated fat
calories: 91 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 58 grams protein
calories: 399 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1018.32 milligrams sodium