Marshmallow stars as the unlikely hero of this American-inspired side dish.
The ingredient of Roasted sweet potato and marshmallow bake
- 3 (1.2kg) sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup vanilla marshmallows, halved
The instruction how to make Roasted sweet potato and marshmallow bake
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Using a fork, prick sweet potatoes all over. Place 1 piece of foil on a flat surface. Place 1 potato in the centre of foil. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Rub to coat. Wrap potato in foil to enclose. Repeat with remaining potatoes and oil. Place on a baking tray. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, remove and discard foil from potatoes. Peel skin from potatoes and place flesh in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, mash until smooth. Add sour cream, cinnamon and maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper. Using a wooden spoon, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mashed potato in a greased 5cm deep, 20cm square (1.5 litre capacity) ovenproof dish. Top with marshmallows, cut-side up. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until marshmallows are just golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Roasted sweet potato and marshmallow bakecalories: 269.592 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 1.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 52.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.8 grams protein
calories: 7 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 93 milligrams sodium