Have yourself a merry little Christmas with this traditional festive turkey.
The ingredient of Roast turkey with apricot and hazelnut stuffing
- 4.8kg whole turkey
- 50g butter, softened
- 50g butter
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup dry-roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, sliced
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
The instruction how to make Roast turkey with apricot and hazelnut stuffing
- Make Apricot and hazelnut stuffing: Melt butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Cool 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add hazelnuts, apricot, coriander, breadcrumbs and egg. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Remove and discard neck from turkey. Rinse turkey (including cavity) under cold water. Pat dry inside and out with paper towel. Loosely fill neck cavity with stuffing. Using toothpicks, secure skin over neck cavity to enclose stuffing. Loosely fill large cavity with remaining stuffing. Secure skin over cavity with toothpicks. Tie legs together with kitchen string. Tuck wings under turkey.
- Place turkey on a greased wire rack in a large roasting pan. Pour 1 1/2 cups cold water into pan. Rub turkey all over with butter. Season with salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly with greased foil. Roast for 2 hours. Remove foil. Roast for 1 hour 20 minutes, basting with pan juices after 1 hour, or until browned and juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a skewer. Cover loosely with foil. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Roast turkey with apricot and hazelnut stuffingcalories: 827.179 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 34 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams sugar
calories: 97 grams protein
calories: 317 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1417.57 milligrams sodium