Spring is the perfect time for pasta with fresh greens and this dish is no exception. Ready in only 25 minutes, this is a hearty dish that the whole family will love.
The ingredient of Spring pasta recipe
- 1 large leek, white and pale green parts only, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 120g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 350g spaghetti
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, tips cut into 3cm pieces, stalks thinly sliced diagonally
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 3/4 cup (60g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan, extra
The instruction how to make Spring pasta recipe
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the leek and garlic for 4 mins or until the leek is tender. Add the spinach and cook for 30 secs or until spinach wilts. Using a large slotted spoon, scoop the vegetables from the water and transfer to a blender. Cool slightly. Add the oil and u00bd tsp sea salt flakes and blend until completely smooth.
- Return saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring often, for 8 mins or until tender but still firm to the bite, adding the asparagus and sugar snap peas for the last 2 mins of cooking. Drain, reserving u00bd cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Return the pasta mixture to the pan. Add the spinach puree and parmesan and stir to combine. Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly and adding some of the reserved cooking liquid as needed to loosen, for 1 min or until parmesan melts. Remove from heat. Stir in the basil, lemon rind and half the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and add remaining lemon juice if needed. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with the extra parmesan.
Nutritions of Spring pasta recipecalories: 537.272 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 67 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 24 grams protein
calories: 601 milligrams sodium