Make your own fresh pasta with these everyday ingredients and team it with your favourite sauce!
The ingredient of Fresh pasta recipe
- 185g fine Italian u201800u2019 flour
- 65g fine semolina flour, plus extra, to dust
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 egg yolk, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Fresh pasta recipe
- Sift flours together into a mound on a work surface. Make a well in the centre. Add egg and yolk. Use a fork to gently beat egg, gradually drawing in flour, while your other hand secures the walls of the well. Continue stirring until mixture is very thick, then use hands to work in remaining flour.
- Dust work surface with extra semolina. Knead dough by firmly pushing it down and away from you, then folding it back towards you. Turn and repeat for 6-8 minutes or until dough is elastic and smooth. Cover and set aside in a cool, dark place for 1 hour to rest. Divide dough into 3 portions.
- Flatten 1 portion into a rectangle. Dust with semolina. Set pasta machine on the widest setting. Feed dough through machine. Repeat. Fold two short ends into the centre to form a rectangle. Turn 90 degrees and feed dough through machine. Repeat folding, turning and feeding through machine 4 times.
- Feed dough through machine (without folding) 3 times, narrowing the settings 1 notch at a time and dusting with semolina. Halve sheet and dust with semolina again. Continue to feed each half through the machine, without folding, narrowing settings 1 notch at a time, until 1mm thick or the specified thickness for the chosen pasta.
- Repeat with the remaining 2 dough portions to make another 4 sheets. Lightly dust pasta sheets with semolina and feed each sheet through desired cutting attachment on pasta machine. Drape the pasta strips over a clean broom handle or wooden pasta drying rack, and set aside for 5-10 minutes or until they are slightly dry.
- To cook the pasta, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Add the pasta to the pan and cook, stirring once, until just al dente. Drain, reserving a little cooking liquid to help prevent the pasta from sticking together, if necessary. Serve immediately with your favourite pasta sauce.
Nutritions of Fresh pasta recipecalories: