This creamy vegetarian pasta bake is packed with 3 serves of vegs and is great for kids.
The ingredient of Mushroom stroganoff pasta bake recipe
- 375g penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200g portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 20g butter
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 300g tub light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 120g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 3/4 cup grated pizza cheese
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Mushroom stroganoff pasta bake recipe
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1u20443 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook half the mushrooms, tossing occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and mushrooms. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Melt butter in same pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add wine. Simmer for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in tomato paste, sour cream and paprika. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture has thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Return mushrooms to pan with spinach and tarragon. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through and spinach has just wilted.
- Preheat grill on high. Add mushroom mixture and reserved liquid to pasta. Toss to combine. Spoon into an 8-cup-capacity oval ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is golden and melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Nutritions of Mushroom stroganoff pasta bake recipecalories: 780.335 calories
calories: 35.7 grams fat
calories: 17.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 78.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25.4 grams protein
calories: 58 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 417 milligrams sodium