Add colour and spark to your Christmas feast with this layered pasta salad recipe.
The ingredient of Layered Christmas pasta salad recipe
- 3 cups dried elbow pasta
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 middle bacon rashers, chopped
- 1/2 small red cabbage, chopped
- 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 baby gem lettuces, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 continental cucumber, diced
- 3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup traditional mayonnaise
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
The instruction how to make Layered Christmas pasta salad recipe
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- To make the creamy mustard dressing: Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice and mustard in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cabbage over the base of a 5-litre (20-cup-capacity) glass serving bowl. Top with corn, then half of the pasta. Spoon over 3/4 of the dressing. Arrange lettuce over dressing layer. Toss tomato, cucumber and remaining pasta together. Spoon over lettuce. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with bacon, cheese and green onion. Season with pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Layered Christmas pasta salad recipecalories: 679.716 calories
calories: 49.9 grams fat
calories: 16.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 38.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 758 milligrams sodium