Classic Greek moussaka meets Italian lasagne in this pasta bake mash-up - it will be an instant family favourite.
The ingredient of Cheesy moussaka pasta bake recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 600g lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves, plus extra to serve
- 250g dried curls pasta
- 2 cups plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups grated mozzarella
The instruction how to make Cheesy moussaka pasta bake recipe
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and tender. Add garlic, cinnamon and allspice. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Add tomato paste, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Stir in oregano.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease a 10-cup-capacity baking dish. Stir 1 cup mince mixture into pasta. Spoon pasta mixture into prepared dish. Gently press to compact. Spoon over remaining mince mixture. Smooth top.
- Combine yoghurt, egg, flour and u00bc cup cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over mince mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Stand for 10 minutes. Top with extra oregano. Serve.
Nutritions of Cheesy moussaka pasta bake recipecalories: 689.515 calories
calories: 37.7 grams fat
calories: 18.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 45.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 37.6 grams protein
calories: 245 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 454 milligrams sodium