Lunch breaks just got a little bit more fancy with this hearty fish and pasta dish that will keep you full all the way until dinner time.
The ingredient of Mediterranean-style mackerel pasta salad recipe
- 250g dried risoni pasta
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3 Lebanese eggplants, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 tbs finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 x 95g cans King Oscar Pulled Mackerel in Olive Oil, drained
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs capers, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup (90g) pitted Sicilian olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (75g) drained sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- Lemon zest, to serve
The instruction how to make Mediterranean-style mackerel pasta salad recipe
- Cook risoni in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until just tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the eggplant, turning, for 5-6 mins or until golden and tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Finely chop 2 tbs basil leaves. Place in a large bowl. Whisk in lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic and remaining oil. Season.
- Add the mackerel, risoni, eggplant, spring onion, caper, olive, tomato, mint and remaining basil to the dressing in the bowl. Season. Gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
Nutritions of Mediterranean-style mackerel pasta salad recipecalories: