Delicious warm or cold and ideal for entertaining, this cheesy pasta pie will be a hit with everyone.
The ingredient of Cheesy pumpkin, bacon and pasta pie recipe
- 500g dried rigatoni
- 120g baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 2 middle bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (see notes)
- 2 x 150g tubs chunky roasted pumpkin with cashew and parmesan dip
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups tomato passata
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 60g baby rocket
The instruction how to make Cheesy pumpkin, bacon and pasta pie recipe
- Cook pasta, following packet directions. Drain well. Return to pan.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, bacon, cream, milk, herbs, dip and eggs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Fold 1u20444 of spinach mixture through pasta.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease a 25cm (base) round springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Arrange pasta, standing upright, in prepared pan. Spoon remaining spinach mixture over pasta, pushing mixture into pasta holes to fill. Top with passata. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Place on a large baking tray. Cover with greased foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Bake a further 15 minutes or until golden. Stand in pan for 20 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add rocket. Toss to coat (see notes).
- Remove pie from pan. Transfer to a serving board. Top with a little of the rocket mixture. Cut into wedges. Serve with remaining rocket mixture.
Nutritions of Cheesy pumpkin, bacon and pasta pie recipecalories: 431.156 calories
calories: 22.7 grams fat
calories: 9.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 36.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17.5 grams protein
calories: 75 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 544 milligrams sodium