Master the basics with this Italian-style tomato pasta sauce, or twist it up with the varieties in the notes section.
The ingredient of Tomato pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 220g can diced tomatoes, undrained, crushed
- 125mls (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 80g dried tagliatelle pasta (or pasta of choice)
The instruction how to make Tomato pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes or until onion is very soft. Add the tomatoes, stock and tomato paste and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced and the sauce has thickened. Stir in the sugar and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain and keep warm until required.
- Stir cooked sauce through the pasta and serve
Nutritions of Tomato pastacalories: 447.886 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 70 grams carbohydrates
calories: 10 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 600.42 milligrams sodium