Try something different with tuna pasta by adding basil pesto and capers to the mix.
The ingredient of Tuna, tomato and caper pasta
- 400g fusilli pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup baby capers, drained
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained, broken into large chunks
The instruction how to make Tuna, tomato and caper pasta
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, capers, tomatoes and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 6 to 7 minutes or until onion and tomatoes are soft.
- Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of cooking water. Return pasta and cooking water to pan. Add tomato mixture, pesto and tuna. Season with salt and pepper. Stir over low heat until well combined. Serve.
Nutritions of Tuna, tomato and caper pastacalories: 700.987 calories
calories: 27.3 grams fat
calories: 4.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 77.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 32.3 grams protein
calories: 30 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 598 milligrams sodium