The ingredient of Pasta with rocket, tuna & tomato
- 3 egg tomatoes
- 150g dried pasta of your choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 185g can tuna in saltwater, drained, flaked
- 1 bunch rocket, ends trimmed, washed
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 lemon or lime, juiced
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
The instruction how to make Pasta with rocket, tuna & tomato
- Use a sharp knife to cut a shallow cross in the base of each tomato. Place tomatoes in a small heat-resistant bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 5 minutes. Drain the tomatoes and carefully remove skin. Cut into quarters, remove the seeds and discard. Finely chop the flesh and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened slightly. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tuna and stir gently until heated through. Reduce heat to low and add the tomato, rocket, basil, if using, and lemon or lime juice. Cook over low heat until rocket wilts slightly.
- Add the drained pasta and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Divide between serving bowls, top with Parmesan shavings and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pasta with rocket, tuna & tomatocalories: 461.987 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 60 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 34 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 199.86 milligrams sodium