Tomato and basil pasta will keep you warm in the cooler months, and its ready in a flash!
The ingredient of Tomato and basil pasta
- 375g spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can Italian cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Tomato and basil pasta
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add basil and pasta to tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Tomato and basil pastacalories: 441.194 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 71 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 75.28 milligrams sodium