Nothing like tucking into a rich creamy white-wine pasta at the end of a day.
The ingredient of Creamy chicken and pumpkin pasta
- 375g fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 2 cups Roasted pumpkin (see related recipe)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 60g baby spinach
The instruction how to make Creamy chicken and pumpkin pasta
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion, garlic and mustard. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add wine (if using). Simmer until reduced by half.
- Return chicken and juices to pan. Stir to coat. Stir in stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add cream. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, parsley and spinach. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until spinach is just wilted. Serve with pasta.
Nutritions of Creamy chicken and pumpkin pastacalories: 790.134 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 73 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 46 grams protein
calories: 122 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 552.68 milligrams sodium