Increase your veggie intake with this healthy and tasty pasta dish.
The ingredient of Creamy pasta with spring vegetables
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 cup (130g) frozen baby peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 300g frozen broad beans
- 40g butter
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh mint
- 25g (1/4 cup) freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
The instruction how to make Creamy pasta with spring vegetables
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, bring another saucepan of water to the boil and blanch peas and asparagus for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into cold water. Cook broad beans in the same saucepan for 2 minutes, drain, plunge into cold water then slip off the outer skins. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a deep frying pan, add leek and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add wine and cook until almost evaporated. Add cream and cook for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir through the peas, asparagus and broad beans for 1 minute to warm through then toss through pasta, mint and parmesan. Season to taste and serve sprinkled with extra parmesan
Nutritions of Creamy pasta with spring vegetablescalories: 881.432 calories
calories: 50 grams fat
calories: 31 grams saturated fat
calories: 77 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 23 grams protein
calories: 190.01 milligrams sodium