Zesty lemon and toasted almonds add lots of flavour to pappardelle pasta with lamb.
The ingredient of Lamb & spinach pasta
- 300g dried pappardelle pasta
- 350g lamb leg steaks
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 300g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 35g (1/3 cup) flaked almonds, toasted
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
The instruction how to make Lamb & spinach pasta
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, season both sides of lamb with salt and pepper and spray with oil. Preheat a chargrill on high. Cook lamb for 2-3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- While lamb is resting, heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, lemon rind, spinach and water. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the spinach just wilts.
- Thinly slice the lamb. Add lamb, spinach mixture and almonds to pasta and toss to combine. Pour over lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
Nutritions of Lamb & spinach pastacalories: 379.054 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 61 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 222.24 milligrams sodium