A pasta rich in flavour and colour which takes next to no time to make? Priceless!
The ingredient of Tomato, sausage and capsicum pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 spicy Italian sausages (about 500g), cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 large yellow capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g cans whole tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 400g spaghetti
The instruction how to make Tomato, sausage and capsicum pasta
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. When hot, add the sausages and cook for about 5 minutes, turning to brown all over.
- Add sliced capsicum and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
- Add fennel seeds and dried chilli, and stir for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and their juices, then gently break up the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Stir in oregano.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Gently toss the sauce through the hot pasta and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Tomato, sausage and capsicum pastacalories: 728.711 calories
calories: 26 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 89 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 31 grams protein
calories: 81 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 721.89 milligrams sodium