Slices of ham add a meaty flavour to this vegetable-filled pasta dish.
The ingredient of Roasted pumpkin and spinach pasta
- 800g butternut pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 350g wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 3cm diagonal lengths
- 500g sliced leg ham, chopped
- 150g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup bought pesto (basil or sun-dried tomato)
The instruction how to make Roasted pumpkin and spinach pasta
- Preheat oven to 230u00b0C. Line a large roasting pan with non-stick baking paper. Place the pumpkin, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss to combine. Spread over the lined pan and roast for 30 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the pan. Cover and set aside.
- Add the asparagus and ham to the pumpkin. Toss to combine. Roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach, reserved cooking liquid, roasted ham mixture and pesto to the pan. Toss until well combined and the spinach wilts. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Roasted pumpkin and spinach pastacalories: 629.287 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 80 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams sugar
calories: 37 grams protein
calories: 64 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2418.5 milligrams sodium