Toss herb-infused extra virgin olive oil with chilli prawns and tender crisp asparagus.
The ingredient of Pasta with basil oil & prawns
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 320g spaghetti
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- Olive oil spray
- 400g green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, seeded, chopped
- 100g baby rocket leaves
The instruction how to make Pasta with basil oil & prawns
- Place basil and parsley in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 20 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water. Squeeze out excess water. Process basil and parsley in a food processor until finely chopped. Add oil, water and half the lemon rind. Process to combine.
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente, adding the asparagus in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook the prawns, garlic, chilli and remaining lemon rind, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns are golden and just cooked through.
- Add the prawns, basil oil and rocket to the pasta. Season and toss to combine.
Nutritions of Pasta with basil oil & prawnscalories: 490.906 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 58 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 101 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 254.31 milligrams sodium