Use up leftover cheeses in this easy, creamy pasta bake recipe.
The ingredient of Cheese scraps pasta bake
- 800g leftover short pasta
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, stalks finely chopped (reserve leaves for another use)
- 4 1/2 cups (1.125L) pure (thin) cream
- 650g mixed cheese (we used torn brie and fontina, and grated cheddar)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
The instruction how to make Cheese scraps pasta bake
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Boil pasta in a large saucepan of salted water for 11 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add onion, parsley stalks and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until onion has softened. Transfer onion mixture to a bowl, add cream, egg, 500g cheeses, 1 tsp salt flakes and 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, and stir to combine.
- Combine pasta and cheese mixture in a large baking dish and top with remaining 150g cheese. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Stand for 10 minutes, then serve.
Nutritions of Cheese scraps pasta bakecalories: