Be budget-wise. Make a big batch of beef mince and then use some in this tasty pasta bake. Freeze the rest for later in the month.
The ingredient of Italian pasta bake
- 350g macaroni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 brown onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.5kg beef mince
- 140g can concentrated tomato paste
- 4 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tasty cheese, shredded
The instruction how to make Italian pasta bake
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until soft. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Add tomato paste, pasta sauce, basil, thyme and pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Remove 8 cups sauce to a bowl and set aside to cool (see note).
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease a 6cm deep, 18cm x 26cm (base) 8-cup capacity ovenproof roasting pan.
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Add remaining 4 cups of meat mixture (see note) and basil to pasta. Stir until well combined. Spoon into prepared roasting pan. Sprinkle top with cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until piping hot. Serve.
Nutritions of Italian pasta bakecalories: 777.945 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 16 grams saturated fat
calories: 71 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 53 grams protein
calories: 144 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 590.81 milligrams sodium