Ready in just 35 minutes this soy chicken with a sweet and salty sauce makes for a perfect weeknight dinner.
The ingredient of Sticky soy chicken with garlic rice and sesame sprinkle recipe
- 30g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g (1 1/4 cups) basmati rice
- 80ml (1/3 cup) rice wine vinegar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) salt-reduced soy sauce
- 55g (1/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, halved crossways
- 2 bunches Asian greens
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 25g (1/3 cup) fried shallots
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Sticky soy chicken with garlic rice and sesame sprinkle recipe
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add rice and stir to coat. Add 625ml (21 u20442 cups) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until rice is almost tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, oil and ginger in a small toasted 25g (1 u2044 3 cup) fried shallots 2 green shallots, thinly sliced frying pan. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced slightly. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 8 minutes or until golden and just cooked through. Add vinegar mixture. Cook, turning, for a further 2-3 minutes or until chicken is glazed and sauce reduces slightly.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave Asian greens until just tender. Drain.
- Divide the rice, chicken and greens among serving bowls. Top with the sauce from pan, sprinkle with sesame seeds, fried and green shallots.
Nutritions of Sticky soy chicken with garlic rice and sesame sprinkle recipecalories: 676.609 calories
calories: 26.2 grams fat
calories: 9.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 65 grams carbohydrates
calories: 42.6 grams protein