This prawn and pasta meal can be whipped up in just over half an hour.
The ingredient of Chilli prawn and basil pasta
- 20 (1kg) green medium king prawns
- 375g linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 400g can Italian cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1/2 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chilli prawn and basil pasta
- Peel and de-vein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes, stock and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add prawns. Simmer for 5 minutes or until prawns are cooked through and tomato mixture has thickened slightly. Stir in basil.
- Add pasta to tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with basil leaves.
Nutritions of Chilli prawn and basil pastacalories: 544.681 calories
calories: 11.2 grams fat
calories: 1.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 69.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 37.8 grams protein
calories: 187 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 645 milligrams sodium