Use this tomato sauce as a base for other flavoured sauces. It is vegan friendly.
The ingredient of Homemade tomato pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans chopped peeled tomatoes
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
The instruction how to make Homemade tomato pasta sauce
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute (this cooks off the paste, giving it a richer more intense flavour).
- Add the peeled tomatoes, reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir through the salt and pepper, sugar, basil and parsley, adjusting the seasoning as required.
Nutritions of Homemade tomato pasta saucecalories: