Pick up a barbecued chicken on the way home from work tonight and use it in this easy pasta bake.
The ingredient of Chicken pasta bake
- 300g penne rigate
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300ml light thickened cream
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 2/3 cup (80g) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (40g) grated parmesan
- 1/2 barbecue chicken, meat removed and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup (85g) low-fat tasty cheese
The instruction how to make Chicken pasta bake
- Cook the penne in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until softened (do not allow to brown). Add the cream, bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Stir through the corn, peas, parmesan and chicken. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, then add the penne. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Preheat an oven grill on medium heat. Transfer the chicken mixture into a 4-cup capacity baking dish. Scatter with the cheese and place under preheated grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden on top. To serve, sprinkle with chopped flat-leaf parsley, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken pasta bakecalories: 816.424 calories
calories: 34 grams fat
calories: 17 grams saturated fat
calories: 66 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 57 grams protein
calories: 926.98 milligrams sodium