With its crisp pasta top and soft centre, this vegie-packed omelette is full of surprises.
The ingredient of Pasta omelette with summer vegetables
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 zucchinis, halved widthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese eggplant, halved widthwise, thinly sliced
- 300g ribbon pasta
- 5 eggs
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 100g (2/3 cup) semi-dried tomatoes
- 60g kalamata olives, halved, pitted
The instruction how to make Pasta omelette with summer vegetables
- To make garlic oil, combine 2 tablespoons oil and garlic in a small bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over medium heat. Working in 3 batches, lightly brush zucchinis and eggplant with garlic oil, then cook for 1 minute each side or until tender and lightly charred.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 6 minutes or until slightly firmer than al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and parmesan together, then season. Add hot pasta to the egg mixture and toss well to combine. Add three-quarters each of the chargrilled vegetables, tomatoes and olives, and toss to combine.
- Preheat a grill to mediumu2013high. Meanwhile, heat a 26cm heavy-based frying pan over high heat, then add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Pour omelette mixture into pan. Working quickly, tuck remaining vegetables, tomatoes and olives into the top of the omelette. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes or until base and side are golden and omelette is half-cooked.
- Transfer pan to grill and cook for a further 5 minutes or until top is golden and omelette is just set. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Pasta omelette with summer vegetablescalories: