The ingredient of Pasta & vegie soup
- 50g (2 1/2 tablespoons) butter, cubed
- 3 brown onions, chopped
- 5 celery sticks, cut into 1cm pieces
- 5 (about 700g) carrots, cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 (about 700g) pontiac potatoes, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2L (8 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 500g tubetti pasta (or small pasta of your choice)
- 20g (1 tablespoon) butter, extra, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Pasta & vegie soup
- Place butter and onions in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion softens slightly. Add celery and stir for 5 minutes. Add carrots and potatoes, and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and water to the pan and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain and return to saucepan. Add extra butter and toss until butter melts and coats pasta. Cover and set aside.
- Add the sugar to the soup. Taste and season with salt and pepper, and a little more sugar if needed.
- To serve, spoon some pasta into cups or bowls and ladle soup over.
Nutritions of Pasta & vegie soupcalories: 326.952 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 51 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 16 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 875.2 milligrams sodium