The ingredient of Smoked tomato & broccoli pasta
- 1/2 cup tea leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 500g pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 head broccoli (about 390g), cut into florettes
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 250g low-fat ricotta cheese
The instruction how to make Smoked tomato & broccoli pasta
- Line a wok with foil. Combine the tea leaves, sugar and rice in a wok. Place a small rack over the tea leaves and top with a heatproof plate. Place the cherry tomatoes onto the plate, cover the wok tightly and cook over a moderate heat until it smokes. Smoke the tomatoes for 7 minutes, remove and discard the tea mixture.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook pasta according to packet directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in frying pan, cook the garlic for 2 minutes or until golden, add the broccoli and chilli cook for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender crisp. Add the lemon juice and rind and warm through.
- Toss the pasta together with the smoked tomatoes, broccoli and ricotta cheese.
Nutritions of Smoked tomato & broccoli pastacalories: 587.94 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 4.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 93 grams protein