This tuna and pesto pasta bake is easy to make and makes for great leftovers the next day.
The ingredient of Tuna and pesto pasta bake
- 500g penne rigate
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 120g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup light evaporated milk
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in olive oil, Chunk Style
- 1/2 cup grated light mozzarella cheese
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Tuna and pesto pasta bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and celery. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach, pesto and milk. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach just wilts. Add pasta to pan with tuna (undrained). Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into an 8 cup-capacity ceramic baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Tuna and pesto pasta bakecalories: 801.845 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 98 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 50 grams protein
calories: 45 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 802.16 milligrams sodium