Salmon and walnut pesto adds a tasty flavour to this healthy midweek pasta salad.
The ingredient of Salmon and pea pasta salad
- 100g farfalle pasta
- 50g snow peas, halved diagonally
- 1/2 cup (60g) frozen peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1/2 x 185g pkt Coles Hot Smoked Salmon Pepper Fillets, coarsely flaked
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 40g baby rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup (25g) walnuts, toasted
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbs finely grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
The instruction how to make Salmon and pea pasta salad
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente, adding the snow pea, peas and asparagus in the last 2 mins of cooking. Refresh under cold water and drain well. Return the pasta mixture to the pan.
- Meanwhile, to make the walnut & mint pesto, place the rocket, mint, walnuts, garlic and parmesan in a food processor and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until well combined. Season.
- Add salmon and rocket to the pasta mixture with half the pesto. Toss to combine. Serve with remaining pesto.
Nutritions of Salmon and pea pasta saladcalories: 776.272 calories
calories: 54 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 40 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 704 milligrams sodium