This colourful pasta dish is packed with veggies and makes a tasty Thursday night meal. If you want to make it faster, just use ready-made pesto.
The ingredient of Pesto pasta with vegetable salsa
- 300g penne rigate
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- 1 cup (80g) basil leaves, loosely packed, roughly torn
- 5 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
The instruction how to make Pesto pasta with vegetable salsa
- To make the pesto, place the basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan in a food processor. Process until just combined, then slowly add olive oil and continue to pulse for a further minute. Keep refrigerated until required.
- To make the salsa, finely dice all the vegetables. Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat and cook vegetables and garlic, stirring continuously, for 1-2 minutes or until the vegetables are just softened, but not coloured. Add vinegar and sugar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions until al dente, drain, then toss through pesto. Serve topped with salsa and shaved parmesan.
Nutritions of Pesto pasta with vegetable salsacalories: 653.187 calories
calories: 39 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 59 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 86.65 milligrams sodium