Ready in 20 minutes, this fresh vegan pasta salad is mixed with peas, edamame and nuts, and is drizzled with a creamy avocado sauce.
The ingredient of Creamy vegan pasta salad
- 300g dried casarecce or penne pasta
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) frozen peas
- 200g frozen podded edamame
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra baby basil leaves, to serve
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced, rind finely grated
- 35g (1/4 cup) tamari almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
The instruction how to make Creamy vegan pasta salad
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following the packet directions or until al dente. Add the peas and edamame in the last minute of cooking time. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, place avocado in a blender or food processor. Add the oil, garlic, basil, shallot and lemon rind and process until smooth. Add the lemon juice and 125ml (1 u20442 cup) water and season well. Process until smooth. Add a little extra water to thin the sauce, if necessary.
- Divide the pasta mixture among serving bowls. Drizzle with the avocado sauce. Scatter with almonds, pepitas and extra basil leaves before serving.
Nutritions of Creamy vegan pasta saladcalories: 663.464 calories
calories: 34 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 62 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams protein