The delicious watercress pesto makes simple pasta dinners feel special.
The ingredient of Pasta with watercress pesto
- 120g watercress sprigs*
- 1 cup (100g) grated parmesan, plus extra to garnish
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 5 tablespoons (100ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 400g tagliatelle or spaghetti
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 pitted black olives
The instruction how to make Pasta with watercress pesto
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Roughly chop 80g of watercress, and place in a food processor with half the parmesan, the pine nuts, garlic and lemon rind. Gradually add the oil and process to form a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes, cut-side up, on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until just starting to wilt. Toss the pasta with the pesto, tomatoes, olives and the remaining parmesan and watercress.
Nutritions of Pasta with watercress pestocalories: 793.958 calories
calories: 44 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 73 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 25 grams protein
calories: 22 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 492.01 milligrams sodium