This is a great healthy recipe to get kids to eat their vegies. Theyll enjoy helping you measure the ingredients and you could ask your pint-sized assistants to tear up the spinach instead of chopping it with a knife.
The ingredient of Salmon & vegetable pasta
- 1 corn cob, husk and silk removed
- 145g (1 cup) dried large spiral pasta
- 1 small carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1/2 celery stick, trimmed, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) cold water
- 1 tablespoon spreadable cream cheese
- 1 x 105g can red salmon, drained
- 40g baby spinach leaves, washed, dried, chopped
The instruction how to make Salmon & vegetable pasta
- Use a small sharp knife to cut down the length of the corn cob close to the core to remove the kernels.
- Cook the pasta in a medium saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Add the corn and carrot in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add celery and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in water and cream cheese, and bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in salmon and spinach.
- Divide pasta mixture among serving bowls. Spoon over the salmon mixture and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Salmon & vegetable pastacalories: 256.447 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 20 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 112.16 milligrams sodium