Fancy a creamy pasta but worried about your waistline? Then this low-fat pasta boscaiola is definitely for you!
The ingredient of Low-fat pasta boscaiola
- 400g fettuccine
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 cup Carnation Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 125g 97% fat-free bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
The instruction how to make Low-fat pasta boscaiola
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender.
- Blend cornflour and 1 tablespoon of milk to a smooth paste. Add remaining milk, stock, and salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon, garlic and onion. Spray with oil. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until golden. Add mushrooms. Cover. Cook, stirring every minute, for 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Drain pasta. Set aside. Return saucepan to stovetop over medium heat. Add milk mixture. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sauce just comes to the boil. Add pasta, bacon mixture and parsley. Reduce heat to low. Toss until heated through. Season with pepper. Serve.
Nutritions of Low-fat pasta boscaiolacalories: 467.723 calories
calories: 3.5 grams fat
calories: 0.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 82 grams carbohydrates
calories: 26.8 grams protein
calories: 25 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 700 milligrams sodium