Mushrooms add a wonderful flavour and texture to this satisfying pasta dish.
The ingredient of Mushroom and caper pasta
- 20g (1 tablespoon) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 50g (1/4 cup) drained capers
- 400g cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh continental parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 300g spaghetti
- 70g (2/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Mushroom and caper pasta
- Melt the butter and oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and capers, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onions are soft. Add the mushrooms and cook, uncovered, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Stir in the parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving 80ml (1/3 cup) of the liquid. Return the pasta to the pan with mushroom mixture, reserved liquid and half the parmesan. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Mushroom and caper pastacalories: 516.479 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 58 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 21 grams protein
calories: 27 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 407.9 milligrams sodium