Throw out the rule book to midweek cooking and try out creative combinations, like this Greek-style pasta.
The ingredient of Greek-style pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 600g lamb mince
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g spaghetti
- 100g feta, roughly crumbled
- 1/2 cup (75g) pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Greek-style pasta
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and lemon zest, then cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the lamb mince and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add oregano, canned tomatoes and wine, season well, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until the sauce is slightly thickened. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes or until softened and just starting to break down.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Divide the pasta between bowls and top with the lamb sauce. Scatter with the feta, olives and mint, then serve.
Nutritions of Greek-style pastacalories: 899.835 calories
calories: 39 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 79 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 50 grams protein
calories: 114 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 680.93 milligrams sodium