This tasty tuna pasta gets a nutritious makeover with the addition of carrots and broccoli, and a makeunder by cutting back on the fat.
The ingredient of Creamy tuna pasta and broccoli
- 250g penne rigate
- 450g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large brown onions, cut into thin wedges
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large carrots, peeled, thinly sliced diagonally
- 375ml can low-fat evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
The instruction how to make Creamy tuna pasta and broccoli
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Add broccoli 2 minutes before pasta is cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Add evaporated milk. Bring to a simmer.
- Combine cornflour and 1 tablespoon of cold water in a small bowl. Stir until a smooth paste forms. Add to evaporated milk mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until sauce just comes to the boil. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Return to the saucepan. Add sauce and tuna. Toss gently to combine.
Nutritions of Creamy tuna pasta and broccolicalories: 478 calories
calories: 7.8 grams fat
calories: 1.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 59.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 37.9 grams protein
calories: 44 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 230 milligrams sodium