Give the classic tuna pasta bake a flavour kick with olives and chilli flakes.
The ingredient of Spicy tuna pasta bake
- 300g penne rigate
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 700g jar tomato passata
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 11/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 425g can tuna in olive oil, drained, flaked
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy tuna pasta bake
- Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced.
- Cook pasta following packet directions, until almost tender (see note). Drain well. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook garlic and onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until light golden. Add passata, herbs, sugar and salt. Season with pepper. Add chilli, to taste. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta in pan. Add olives and tuna. Toss to combine. Transfer mixture to a 12-cup-capacity baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Nutritions of Spicy tuna pasta bakecalories: 746.397 calories
calories: 35.2 grams fat
calories: 9.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 65.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 39.8 grams protein
calories: 56 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2035 milligrams sodium