Create this fast family pleasing recipe with cripsy bacon, zucchini, peas and penne.
The ingredient of Crispy bacon and pea pasta
- 375g penne rigate
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 200g middle bacon, chopped
- 2 zucchini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan, finely grated
- Grated parmesan, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Crispy bacon and pea pasta
- Cook penne following packet directions until tender. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Cook onion and bacon in a deep frying pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft and bacon crisp. Add 2 zucchini, cut into ribbons, and frozen peas. Cook for 3 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Add garlic cloves and lemon rind. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint and 1?4 cup finely grated parmesan. Season. Cook, tossing for 2 minutes, or until combined and heated through.
- Sprinkle with extra grated parmesan. Serve.
Nutritions of Crispy bacon and pea pastacalories: