Provolone is melted over these succulent chicken breasts to create a sensational dinner idea.
The ingredient of Chicken pizzaiola
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets (skin on and wingbone attached, optional)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red and 1 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 125g small button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 roma tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4 slices provolone piccante cheese
The instruction how to make Chicken pizzaiola
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frypan on medium-high heat. Cook seasoned chicken 2 minutes each side until golden. Roast on a baking tray for 10 minutes until cooked. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan over medium heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes, add garlic, capsicum and mushroom, then cook for 5 minutes more. Add tomato, paste and oregano, and cook for 5 minutes. Add liquid, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Top chicken with cheese, then melt in the oven for 1 minute. Serve topped with sauce and garnished with extra oregano.
Nutritions of Chicken pizzaiolacalories: 431.873 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 52 grams protein
calories: 140 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 435.87 milligrams sodium