This vegetarian three-cheese bake with basil and pine nuts is hearty, fill-em-up Italian.
The ingredient of Eggplant and pasta rolls
- 2 large eggplants
- Olive oil spray
- 120g dried angel hair pasta
- 480g (2 cups) fresh ricotta
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 60g (3/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 500g btl passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 80g (2/3 cup) coarsely grated mozzarella
- 45g (1/4 cup) pine nuts, toasted
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Eggplant and pasta rolls
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. cut the eggplants lengthways into about 32 thin slices. spray 2 baking trays with oil. Line with non-stick baking paper. place half the eggplant on the prepared trays. spray with oil. Bake, turning once, for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining eggplant.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Combine the pasta, ricotta, basil, egg and half the parmesan in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- Spread 80ml (1/3 cup) of passata over the base of a 30 x 20cm (base measurement) baking dish. Place 1 tablespoon of the pasta mixture on 1 eggplant slice. Roll up to enclose the filling. Place, seam-side down, in the dish. Repeat with remaining eggplant and pasta mixture. Pour the remaining passata over the rolls. sprinkle with the mozzarella, pine nuts and the remaining parmesan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and the mozzarella melts. Serve with the bread and salad.
Nutritions of Eggplant and pasta rollscalories: 382.4 calories
calories: 20 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 124 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 402.09 milligrams sodium